Sunday, September 19, 2010

Christmas is less then 100 days away!


This morning Jennie, over at Bargain Blessings, started her Countdown to Christmas "support group".  With less than 100 days until Christmas, she thought it was time to start chipping away at the list a little by little to help alleviate stress and chaos as the holidays draw nearer.   One of her readers suggested making and freezing meals ahead of time for the week of Christmas.  I would love to start a discussion here about things that you can check off your list early to make your holiday season run more smoothly. I don't want to limit this strictly to Christmas, if you celebrate any other holiday, any time of the year, please feel free to chime in with things you do to help reduce stress around that time!

I have done a few things to get started:
-I started shopping a few months ago as I found great deals (most posted by Jennie).
-I have three vouchers bought through Groupon.com (voucher for photo stamps for the Grandparents), Jasmere.com (voucher for a handmade wooden toy) and Eversave.com (voucher for non-toxic kids toys) that I have plans to purchase a few gifts with.
-Since we only have Gracie every other weekend, I have started helping her make her Christmas crafts/gifts in hopes of being able to finish during Fall Break.

What have you done to get started?  If you haven't gotten started, what is on your list that you think you can check off first?  Do you have any ideas for other readers on ways they can wade into this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment